Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Drive-by Shooting that Wasn't

Let me clear this up a bit. I live in a condo complex, and yes, there was a shooting at my next door neighbor's two nights ago: 12 shots from at least 2 guns. I slept through it and missed all of the excitement. But it wasn't a drive-by. It was my neighbors shooting at someone else.

For me, that's a big difference. No bullets heading my way. They were aimed at a car passing by on the street. I've since talked more with my neighbor. It was her son, the drug dealer, doing the shooting. She's a nice lady. Her kid's nice too, but a bit of a dumbass.

My kids are a bit freaked out, and I don't blame them. But when it comes down to it, they're all grown-ass adults and they can choose where they live.

Me? I live where I can afford to live.

Or die.

No comments: