Saturday, May 7, 2011

Finished!

Well, not exactly, but damn close. The story is finished, but now I've got to edit Divine Wine. The story is currently 9800 words, and that could go up or down by a couple of hundred words in the editing process.

Most likely, up. See, I started getting tired near the end of the story. I've been writing since 6 a.m., and it's 9 p.m. now. That's 15 hours of tapping away on the keyboard. My eyes are bloodshot. My fingers are worn to nubs. I'm bitchy, and there's no one home for me to take my rage out on.

Sure, I've got a dog. But he's old. Real old. I don't get angry with him anymore. I've got a cat that's just as old, and stalks the house like a zombie. I feel sorry for the cat.

But I've got kids! Yep. I could take some rage out on them, and they'd bounce back. They're tough little shits. I raised them that way.

After the psycho-ex left, it was up to me to make sure the kids could stand up to anything - including me.

That's not easy. Most folks are leery of me, because of what they think I might be capable of. I let 'em think it. I don't like people anyway.

No comments: