Thursday, May 12, 2011

Windows 7 Blows

It seems every time I turn my computer on or off, Windows wants to either install or configure some kind of upgrade. I waited 10 minutes this morning for that damn software to configure whatever upgrade it had sneakily downloaded last night.

That's 10 minutes that I could have spent working. Instead, I was stuck watching the little blue circle whirl around.

Fuck. When I turn the computer on, I'm ready to start working. When I turn it off, I'm ready to go to bed. I don't want to wait for this half-finished operating system to put on its make-up. Damnit. I've got things to do!

I've been threatening to switch to Ubuntu for the last couple of years. But typically some necessary bit of software has kept me from doing so. I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

All but one piece of my software is platform independent. I use Open Office for word processing. Gimp for photo editing. Chrome as my browser.

The only thing tying me to Windows is EditPad.

Fuck. I'm still pissed.

No comments: