Thursday, June 9, 2011

Flash Fiction on Twitter

I've taken the last couple of weeks off of writing, and to be honest, I'm not sure why. It's not writer's block. I don't get that. I do, however, get sluggish.

It could be Twitter. I'm addicted to the posting, and I enjoy tying people's names to mini-stories. One of the folks described it as flash fiction. In a way, I guess it's true. The stories are all 140 characters or less. Lots of fun:

APOCALYPSE BEGINS: "We were dragging @JezebelsBody into the woods, when, dammit, she sat up and took a bite out of Clem!"

Red pill. Blue pill. I was so confused. Finally, I settled on the @aussiepill.

"Yo! It's just a @ZombieAldous. No worries!" It was true: One zombie in their path. But 10 lurked in the forest.

April named her @Chainsaw_Sally because of the scream it made when slicing through flesh.

"If you want to bust this case open, you need @Kelli_McCracken." He peered out the window. "She's the one with the hammer."

To her friends, she was a @JAustenwannabe. But to those of us who bothered to #follow, she was a Reno showgirl.

There were actually two arks. One found land. The other made it to nirvana by #following @ravenofskys.

2 comments:

Sage Ravenwood said...

I know I've been enjoying the twitter stories. Creative as all get out. (Hugs)Indigo

Anthony Rapino said...

Okay, I officially feel like a stalker. This is the third, count it third, blog I've happened to comment on directly after Indy. It's totally accidental of course (just following my google reader), but boy is it creepy. :-P

Now then, I'm the same, Diana. I don't get writer's block, but I do get "writer's laze."